Guitar Project #2: Working out the Chords


The best place to start with a project like this is the café. Rathmines, inevitably; in the calming surrounds of Café Moda. Of course I forgot my sketchbook, so I had to run in to the Swan Centre to find a cheap one -and a pen.

This is more or less how I approach any applied art project. I used to just write lists of words which may or may not lead me to an idea. In recent years, I find this a better way of generating at least something. In the end, I went for a bird theme with a peacock, as you can hopefully see in the third picture. I'm in an avian groove! I should start tweeting a bit more...

I used a posca marker for that white line. I felt I needed to see how it will work at full size on the instrument itself. As you can see, it's now completely covered with a spay-coat. This will just serve as a toned ground on which to work.

Oh and by the way, I've just invested in a new airbrush! Yup. I had one many years ago when I used to paint murals on scooters. I just can't remember what happened to it. I most likely left it behind when I upped sticks and left London in 1988. Strangely enough, I brought the compressor with me, which I still have. Bananas. I'm going to use the airbrush for the general shapes in order to keep the job as flat as possible. The detailing will have to be done with a brush -but I'll be using Golden liquid acrylics which will stay pretty flush.

When that arrives sometime next week, I can get down to the real work.

Do comment, if this project interests you; I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Successful Fundit.ie Campaign; Thanks to You

Brunailles: A Grey Area.

The Selfie Mona Lisa